Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Dammit Jim, I'm a film making, not a Wedding videographer

So, on Tuesday my sister-in-law got married. It was a beautiful day all around. But as the resident "film maker" it is expected that I make the wedding video. There are pro's and con's to this.

PRO's:
I get out of being in most of the pictures. I can't stand being in pictures. I am much more of a behind the scenes type guy.

CON's:
Wedding videography isn't really my "thing". No offense to anyone that does it, but it is just an art that I am not that good at. It takes a certain kind of skill that I just don't possess (I'm much better at shooting puppet shows :).

I recruited a cousin, who is an amazing shooter, to help out in the shooting and we covered it with 2 cameras. My forte is really editing and in about 2 hours I had a finished product, ready for the dinner that night. It turned out pretty decent, much better then I thought it would.

It was a long day, and I was feeling it the next day, but I"m happy that I was a part of it. Congrats to Amy & Travis and here is the finished piece.


Amy & Travis get married from WillowayMedia on Vimeo.

No comments: