Friday, March 25, 2011

Mormon Messages & Puppet Shows

I get to work on some pretty amazing projects at my work for the LDS Church. I have had the privileged of being involved in the MORMON MESSAGES campaign since its inception in 2009.

Lately, we've been working on an ambitious piece for Easter that I've played editor on and it has been pretty inspiring to watch other producers come into their own and get involved with our photography department who do some amazing work in their own right. This should be released before General Conference, is the hope.

I'm taking a new role in Mormon Messages where I'm doing more of the technical backend of things and I won't be producing messages anymore. I'm actually thrilled about this because my strength really is in the technical specifications that we've created over the years.

But tomorrow I'll be shooting a freelance project that I have been doing every year for the past 16 years. My BEST freelance client is brining me this project ONCE AGAIN and I'm thrilled to do it. I love working with Siemens Medical and their employees. Usually they write very ambitious scripts that we have to pull off by shooting in one LONG day, but this year they are giving me a bit of a break. I'll be filming a puppet show. Yes, you read that right, a puppet show.

See, film making isn't always glamorous.

No comments: