Thursday, March 31, 2011

A visit from Mickey Mouse

So, we live down by the Jordan River and about 5 years ago we had an infestation of mice. Caught us a family of 7. I sealed up the outside and we've been good ever since. A few months ago we heard some scratching in the walls, ol' Mickey was back.



First off, who ever came up with the idea to make a cartoon of a rodent? That's just ridiculous. Second of all, how do you catch a mouse that is engrained in your walls?

Well, a house infested with mice is never a good environment for a new baby, or anyone for that matter. But I have managed to catch my fair share of mice (I won't put a number on it, because it is just appalling). Luckily, we aren't the only ones. Many of our neighbors (the cat-less ones) are in the same predicament, it comes with the territory of living by the river banks.

Soon we will be taking a little vacation and I am going to cover the house in mice traps. Have you ever seen that movie Mouse Hunt? Yes, that's what I'll be doing and we will see how it works out upon my return. Mickey doesn't stand a chance...

This is just another example of the life of a dad. The annoyance that is life.

1 comment:

Dennis Agle Jr. said...

Rodent-fighters of the world, unite! Fun stuff. I hope it's OK, but I'm featuring it today on http://mormondaddyblogs.com. Thanks, Tucker.